Dreading Sacrament Meeting
It just hit me that this Sunday is Father’s Day.
I don’t really want to spend an hour listening to stories about happy families with fathers that blessed their children’s lives by setting examples of being a good tithe payer and giving priesthood blessings when they went back to school each year.
My father doesn’t even like me. I think the last time we spoke was when I called at Christmas and he didn’t want to talk to me.
The next couple of days are going to be rough. I really don’t feel like singing Families Can Be Together Forever right now. :’(
- theworthofsouls said: I know I’m replying to this a bit late, but I suggest thinking of Heavenly Father today. Our earthly fathers are all different and have imperfections, but Heavenly Father loves us, His children, so much more than we can imagine.
- eternally-inlove likes this
- catticus-finch reblogged this from osdtf and added:
- demeter42 said: *hug*
- im-only-here-for-the-food said: I know your pain. I’ve never even met my biological father.
- osdtf reblogged this from becauseihavebeengivenmuch
- kaceeeeerae likes this
- project-peace-break-the-silence said: Honey, I’m soooo sorry! I know how hard it’s going to be. My dad passed away last year, and Father’s Day (the day I discovered the church) was a blessing, but a curse, as well. This year the RS have to sing “Oh my Father,” and it’s going to hurt. :(
- project-peace-break-the-silence likes this
- theultimatesearch said: Just remember your future family. :) Think about the wonderful father your children will have, and how that wonderful father will be a wonderful husband for you. :)
- becauseihavebeengivenmuch posted this